File under "Inane Things that Inexplicably Make me Happy"

The pleasure I take from this commercial is, I know, perverse. It is possibly the single most asinine, obnoxious tune ever penned. Which is its very genius. The song speaks directly to my inner 12-year old, the girl who ruined a soulful slow-dance for everyone in my youth group by shouting the lyrics of "Purple Rain" to the tune of Frosty the Snowman over it; the one who blasted Led Zeppelin every time it came on the radio of my first boyfriend's car - precisely because the band gave him the hives.

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but this blog isn't about the latest so much as what I think happens to be the greatest. So there. Seriously, if I'd seen this as a teenager, it would have made me want to be an ad exec the way my friend Jon was inspired by Angela Bower (and her enormous glasses - which, frighteningly seem to be back in style) of Who's the Boss.

Listen at your own risk. Then tell me about an obnoxious thing you secretly enjoy torturing others with.

Comments

Popular Posts